The Government is the single largest buyer of a variety of goods. With a view to increase the share of purchases from the small-scale sector, the Government Stores Purchase Programme was launched in 1955-56. NSIC registers Micro & small Enterprises (MSEs) under Single Point Registration scheme (SPRS) for participation in Government Purchases.
Benefits of Registration
The units registered under Single Point Registration Scheme of NSIC are eligible to get the benefits under “Public Procurement Policy for Micro & Small Enterprises (MSEs) Order 2012” as notified by the Government of India, Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, New Delhi vide Gazette Notification dated 26.03.2012.
- Issue of the Tender Sets free of cost;
- Exemption from payment of Earnest Money Deposit (EMD),
- In tender participating MSEs quoting price within price band of L1+15 per cent shall also be allowed to supply a portion upto 20% of requirement by bringing down their price to L1 Price where L1 is non MSEs.
- All Micro & Small Enterprises which are registered with the Director of Industries (DI)/District Industries Centre (DIC) as manufacturing/service enterprises or having Acknowledgement of Entrepreneurs Memorandum (EM Part-II) are eligible for registration with NSIC under its Single Point Registration Scheme (SPRS).
- Micro & Small Enterprises who have already commenced their commercial production but not completed one year of existence. The Provisional Registration Certificate can be issued to such Micro & Small Enterprises under Single Point Registration scheme with monitory limit of Rs. 5.00 Lacs which shall be valid for the period of one year only from the date of issue after levying the registration fee and obtaining the requisite documents.
How to Apply
Micro & Small Enterprises shall have to apply on the prescribed application form in Duplicate and to be submitted to the concerned Zonal/Branch Office of NSIC located nearest to the unit. In case of any difficulty in filling the application form and completing the documentation, please consult any of the Zonal / Branch office of NSIC. The application form containing Terms & conditions are available free of cost from all offices of the NSIC.
The guidelines attached with the Application Form provide a checklist for the documents that are required to be submitted along with the application.
The registration Fee is based on the Turnover as per latest audited Balance Sheet of theMicro & Small Enterprise for the Registration, Renewal and any other amendment etc. The Fee structure is indicated in the table as below:
|S.No.||Category (Turnover Based)||Fee|
|I.||Fee for Fresh Registration of Micro & Small Enterprises:
a) Turnover up-to Rs. 100 Lacs
b) Turnover exceeding Rs. 100 Lacs
|a) Rs. 5000/-
b) Rs.5,000/- plus Rs. 2000/- for every additional turnover of Rs. 100 Lac.
(SERVICE TAX AS APPLICABLE EXTRA)
|II.||a) Fee for issuance of amendments in stores (Qualitative & Quantity); Fee for issuance of change in monetary limit or any other amendment in the certificate, and
b) Fee for issuance of Renewal of G.P. Registration (Every Two Years)
|50% of the charges as mentioned at
Sr. No. I above
|The Registration Fee as mentioned in the table above is exclusive of the Inspection charges as levied by the inspecting agency. Such charges as decided by the Inspecting Agency are borne by the unit. Till such time the Inspecting Agency makes any amendments in their charges, the present Inspection fee of Inspecting Agencies is as under :-|
|A. Inspection Fees for MSME-DI|
|S.No.||Investment in Plant and Machinery||Inspection Fees for MSME-DI|
|1||Up to Rs. 5 Lacs||Rs. 1250/-|
|2||>Rs. 5 Lacs Up to 25 Lacs||Rs. 2000/-|
|3||>Rs. 25 Lacs Up to 100 Lacs||Rs. 3500/-|
|4||>Rs. 100 Lacs and upto Rs.500 Lacs||Rs. 5000/-
|B. The Professional fee payable by MSEs to M/s RITES Ltd., and M/s Consultancy Development Centre for undertaking physical inspection will remain unchanged which are:|
|By RITES (Applicable from 1.4.2013)
|Rs. 6000/- (Inclusive of Taxes and Travel Expense) for Micro Enterprises, and
Rs. 8000/- (Inclusive of Taxes and Travel Expense) for Small Enterprises.
|By CDC||Rs. 3000/- * for Micro Enterprises and
Rs. 4495/- * for Small Enterprises.
*(SERVICE TAX AS APPLICABLE EXTRA)
- The Micro & Small Enterprise has to submit the application form (in duplicate) along-with requisite fee and documents to the Zonal/Branch and Sub Office/Extension office of NSIC situated nearest to their location.
- Duplicate copy of the G.P. Registration Application Form submitted by the Micro & Small Enterprise will be forwarded to the concerned MSME-DI RITES / CDC along with copies of required documents and requisite Draft/Pay Order of inspection charges in favor of concerned Inspection Agency requesting for carrying out the Technical Inspection of Micro & Small Enterprise and forward their recommendations in this regard.
- After receiving Inspection Report, NSIC will issue the GP Registration Certificate to Micro & Small Enterprise for items/stores as recommended.
Procedure for calculation & fixation of Monetary Limits of Micro & Small Enterprises.
A. Monetary limit of the company is fixed on the basis of the unit’s net sales turnover during the last three years reflected in the Audited Balance Sheets.
Net Sales = Total sales – All Duties, Taxes, returns etc
Details of the net sales of the company during last three years:-
2007-08 – Rs. 50 Lacs
2008-09 – Rs. 75 Lacs
2009-10 – Rs. 80 Lacs
Therefore, Monetary Limit = Rs. (50+75+80)/3 X 50%
= Rs. 34.26 Lac.
Say = Rs. 34 Lac.
- In case the Company/Partnership concern/Proprietorship unit is in loss for one year out of past three years, their monetary limit will be fixed at 40% of their average net sales turnover.
- Similarly, when the Micro & Small Enterprise is in loss for two years out of the past three years, the monetary limit will be accordingly fixed at 30% of their average net sales turnover of the past three years.
- In the event of Micro & Small Enterprise being in loss throughout past three years, the monetary limit of the Unit will be fixed at 20% of the average net sales turnover of the Unit during the past three years In cases of initial registration where the firm has been in existence for less than 3 years MTL may be fixed at 50% of the average net sales value of the last year for which audited accounts are available.
B. Where the turnover of the Enterprise has steadily increased over the last three years and the unit is in profit continuously, the Monetary Limit may be fixed at 50% of net sales turnover achieved in the last year.
For Example : If during the last three years 2007-08 , 2008-09 and 2009-10 the turnover had grown steadily and was highest in 2009-10, in this scenario the Monetary Limit should be fixed by taking the basis of highest net sales / turnover achieved in the year 2009-10. The other terms and conditions will remain unchanged.
Validity Period of G. P. Registration
The G. P. Registration Certificate granted to the Micro & Small Enterprise under Single Point Registration Scheme (Revised), 2003 is valid for Two Years and will be reviewed and renewed after every two years by verifying continuous Commercial and Technical Competence of the registered Micro & Small Enterprise in manufacturing / producing the stores for which it has been registered by NSIC.
Documents Required for Renewal of the Registration
1. Original GP Registration Certificate.
2. A Copy of the Permanent Account Number (PAN CARD).
3. Copy of valid SSI Registration Certificate
4. List of major Govt. Orders executed during last 2 (two) years.
5. Copies of Audited Balance sheet for last 3 years duly signed by the authorized person under his seal
6. Annexure ‘C’ of GP Application form duly signed by Chartered Accountant
7. List of addition/deletion in the plant and machinery after the registration.
8. Annexure ‘D’ and ‘E’ duly signed by MSE.
9. For renewal of registration where monitory limit is more than Rs 10 Crores and inspection has not been carried out by Technical Inspecting Agency or NSIC during the last one year, such units will be inspected by the respective Branch Office of NSIC before issue of renewal Certificate. The Inspection fees shall be equivalent to Inspection fee charged by the Rites.
Download Application Form-cum-Scheme Details from http://www.nsic.co.in/Schemes/documents/gpf.pdf
Updated : 01/04/2013
For Online Registration : http://www.nsicspronline.com/
For more Detail Please visit : http://www.nsic.co.in/gp.asp